CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

April 13, 2008

Hair Night for Tweens.....


We have this crazy ministry at our church called "Hair Night". Hair Night is a group of women who meet every month or so and hang out and eat and talk and laugh....and sometimes they even do each others hair. It is a sacred place where we meet together and share our hearts, our hurts, our joys, and all the aspects of our daily lives. We laugh and we share and enjoy the joys that true friendship and trust can bring. As Jo, our resident hair stylist, and Jeanne, our safe haven provider, have described it.... Hair Night is a safe place to share our hearts.

This past week we had "Hair Night" for Tweens. We invited some of the young teens to come to hair night. It was a great time of fun and laughter....lots of laughter. Katie and Candice spent the evening with us sharing their lives and getting our advise as "older women". We all had a great time. Now we know who all the cute boys are at Westside....and now they know in the long run that the boy with the good heart is better than the boy with the cute face....and if you happen to find both....well then you are greatly blessed. The girls got their nails and their toes done by Shana and Jo and Jeanne kept the hot water and the warm towels coming (for their feet and legs). Jo even entertained us with her fakeVietnamese chatter as she worked on their legs and feet. It was a great fun evening for all of us. Katie and Candice got to be completely spoiled and they also got to see that an older woman can be a great friend and a wonderful mentor.

Here are some of the pictures from our Hair Night for Tweens.










We all had a great time and I can't wait to do it again!!!

Tammy

9 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

That night was more of a blessing for ME than it was for those kids. I had a great time with them, it was so fun to relive some of those teenage times.

We've got some darling girls that are made even more beautiful by the fact that they love Jesus.

We're proud of you Katie and Candice!!

Until next time....
Shana

Tamara Chastain said...

I'm thinking that at our next "grown up" hair night that we should add mani and pedi's. I'm sorry I missed out on the tweens, I love those girls and what an excellent ministry.

Tim & Angela Fleming said...

I had so much fun!!! I never knew "older ladies" were that much fun to hang around with. I can not wait till the next time. I love yall so much, Katie

Brad and Shana said...

Can I just add that I look like a total dork in that last picture. Holy cow......maybe next time, Katie and Candice need to give me a makeover.....get me a little more presentable!!

Lauging and laughing!
Shana

Tammy Howard said...

I think you look marvelous.... Shana!

That was a lot of fun!!

T

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Man, I'm sooo impressed. AGAIN, EMC impresses me with their hearts. Do you know how many youth ministers have to BEG adults for help with ministry?...and you guys have picked up your only little ministry to teen girls...I'm loving it!!!! Coming from somebody that has worked with teens and knows that most adults think they're from another planet.
love you guys,
Terri

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Sorry, that was supposed to say "own little ministry"...too busy to proof before I post...goof ball!
Terri

Maddie said...

I sooo wish I could have been there!! I'll definitely have to make the next one, and there will be next one, right????

Nana Elaine said...

This is my 3rd try to get my comments published. I hope it works

What a fun fun night. I guess I didn't look good enough to get my picture taken. Actually I think you had to DO something to be in the pictures. I just sat in the swing and soaked in the Blessings!!
When you bless my grandchild and my "like a grandchild" Candice you sure Bless me!!
I hope next time we will have more tweens and adults.

Why don't the men get together and have a hairnight just for men???

Jeanne needs to get the award for "Miss Hospitality"

Love you all
Elaine